- From: $2,350pp
- Duration : 5 Days
- Highlights : Pangolin Voyager Houseboat, small group photo workshop, post production sessions
- Location : Chobe
- Types of Photography : Advanced wildlife and landscape
- Group size : Max 8
Following on from the hugely popular Better Wildlife Photography workshops that we have been running for the past three years we have received more and more requests from our clients to offer a package for our more accomplished and experienced photographers to help them take their wildlife photography to even higher levels of competence and understanding.
With this in mind head photographic guide, Pangolin co-owner and past winner of the Botswana Wildlife Photographer of the Year Gerhard “Guts” Swanepoel is proud to host the Advanced Wildlife Photography workshop onboard the Pangolin Voyager Houseboat.
7 – 11 May 2017, 3 – 7 July 2017, 7 – 11 Aug 2017.
Please note first of all that this Advanced Wildlife Photography Workshop is designed for guests who have either attended the Better Wildlife Workshop previously or at the very minimum have total confidence to photograph on full manual, aperture or shutter priorites with their own DSLR cameras and lenses. No basics will be covered on this workshop. Guests will also be expected to have their own gear with them and have a concise understanding of their functions and settings.
The workshop will be for a maximum of 8 clients over five days and Guts will share his insights, techniques and extensive knowledge of animal behaviour – all of the components of a great wildlife photographer.
As we know wildlife photography is never predictable so we cannot set out a syllabus as such but Guts will endeavour to help you master some of the following techniques as each opportunity presents itself on the river. All game activities for this workshop will take place on the Pangolin Photo Boats.
- Fast exposures
- Shooting in low light
- Slow exposure shooting
- Mastering birds in flight
- Creative use of depth of field
- Wide and angle creative composition
- Creative uses of exposure compensation
During the day Guts will be on hand to help you with your digital post production. Guests should bring their own laptops loaded with either Lightroom or Photoshop to benefit most from these sessions. They will be held around the dining room table as a group exercise but there will be plenty of time for one-on-one training on specific post production techniques if required.
- 4 nights on the Pangolin Voyager Houseboat (full board)
- All drinks including soft drinks, water, local beers, wines and spirits
- Full Advanced Wildlife Photography Workshop hosted by Gerhard “Guts” Swanepoel
- Transfers to and from Kasane Airport
- All associated taxes and bed levies
Single occupancy of a cabin attracts a supplement of $100 per day.
- Visa fees where applicable
- Travel to and from Kasane
- Other items of personal nature
- $600 single supplement for a single cabin