September 21st to 25th 2017
As with MaYdikwe in 2016 we have taken over both of Jacis Tree Lodge which is situated on the river with direct 24hr access to The Terrapin Hide built by Guts last year.
During the five days, you will spend two game activities with each of the photo hosts doing either game drives or spending time in the amazing Terrapin Hide. We have chosen September as it is traditionally the driest month in Madikwe and therefore the waterhole, where the hide is situated, is at its most productive.
Jaci’s lodges are firm favourites of ours and the time spent there is always great fun. The accommodation is amazing, the food sublime with some of the happiest staff in the business. The game viewing is superb with very good chance of decent wild dog and leopard sighting as well as some less seen species like brown hyena.
During the day, in between game drives, there will be editing sessions in the communal areas of the lodges where the photo hosts will be on hand to help you with photo analysis and editing. In the evenings we ask the photo hosts to do a presentation of their work and talk about some of the techniques that they utilise and the type of photography that they enjoy most.
Jaci’s is a relatively short drive from Johannesburg and also easily accessible from The Chobe should you wish to combine the Pangolin Photo Festival with other locations.
As with all the festivals you attendance will mean a R5000 donation made on your behalf to the Endangered Wildlife Trust’s Wildlife in Trade project. They will be using this finding to investigate the trafficking routes of pangolins and their parts in Southern Africa.
- 4 nights at Jaci’s Lodges in Madikwe Private Game Reserve
- All meals during your stay (Brunch, high tea and dinner daily)
- Expert tuition from the Photo Hosts
- Editing and post procession sessions in the lodges
- 24hr Access to the Terrapin Hide
- R5000 donation to The Endangered Wildlife Trust Wildlife in Trade Program
- Getting to and from Madikwe
- Drinks other than those specified
- Gratuities, laundry and items of a personal nature
- Single supplement of R7500 per person (if applicable including a further R5000 donation)