- From: $2,850 pps
- Duration : 7 Days
- Highlights : Private Tented Safari Camp, Pangolin Voyager Houseboat
- Location : Chobe National Park
- Types of Photography : Water and Land based Wildlife and Birding Photography
- Group size : Max 8 clients
As the name would suggest this safari offers you the best that The Chobe has to offer from two exceptional locations….one on land and the other on water.
This safari will be hosted by one of the Pangolin photo hosts who will be on hand throughout to help you make the most of each photo opportunity and your post production editing in between drives and cruises.
You will spend three nights at our private tented camp deep within the reserve along with an additional three nights exploring the waterways of The Chobe River on our houseboat – The Pangolin Voyager. This combination offers probably the most varied photo and game viewing opportunities in this spectacular park with excellent guides whose knowledge and understanding of animal behaviour and positioning for photography are without compare.
Selected dates in 2017. Ask your consultant for details.
The camp staff are on hand to prepare three meals a day, enough ice in your drinks and to ensure that you have hot water whenever you need it for the shower at your tent. Meals are taken around a long table set up under an awning which doubles as a media centre for mid afternoon photo editing. In the evenings you are invited to spend time around the camp fire with your favourite tipple and enjoy the sense of being immersed in nature.
During the day you will do game drives around the hills and floodplains leading to the river tat surround our camp. We have a rule of a maximum two clients per row so you will always have a window seat. The area is fantastic for sightings of plains game like zebra and giraffe along with regular sightings of large herds of elephants, buffalo and prides of lions. The area is also excellent for leopard and wild dog.
At this point we should point out that this is a wilderness experience and there are no fences around the camp but we believe that if you are going to the bush you should be “IN” the bush. The animals are not interested in coming into the camp and if they do you will be made aware by the staff as to what to do allowing you to thoroughly enjoy this natural encounter.
On the final day we bid you farewell and wish you a wonderful onward journey whether it be back to your home or onwards to The Okavango Delta for some more time in the bush perhaps or even the winelands and coastline of Cape Town in South Africa.
Your travel consultant will be more than happy to lay out your options for you should you wish to extend your safari with us.
- Expert photo guidance from a Pangolin Photo Host
- 3 nights Pangolin Tented Camp in The Chobe
- All meals and drinks included
- 2 game drives per day (max two clients per row)
- Park Fees
- 3 nights Pangolin Voyager Houseboat
- Daily cruises on The Chobe River in our photo boats
- Fishing Licences
- Cultural visits and walks
- All meals and drinks onboard the houseboat
- Tourism levies
- Airport transfers to Kasane international.
- Visa fees if applicable
- International and domestic flights
- Gratuities, laundry and items of a personal nature
- Camera equipment. You should have your own for this safari.
- Single supplement of $895 per person