This package links two of Africa’s best and most abundant game reserves, Chobe and Madikwe, with a visit to the mighty Victoria Falls in an effortless and well designed itinerary. This package includes accommodation at fantastic 4* lodges in both Chobe and Madikwe and is designed for clients wanting a varied and comprehensive African photo safari experience.
The Victoria Falls are on every bucket list and have to be seen to believed. The local tribes call it Mosi-o-Tunya which means the Smoke that Thunders and its easy to see why. Starting this trip at The Falls will give you a couple of days to ease into the pace of African life with plenty of activities on offer. Whether you fancy the rush of some white water rafting or a more sedentary afternoon taking high tea on the terrace of a grand old colonial hotel there is literally something for everyone.
Chobe is probably one of the best photographic parks on the continent with the advantage of having both water and land based game activities. You will be hosted by the Pangolin team on our custom built photo boats and vehicles and the guides will be on hand to help you make the most of every photographic opportunity. If you don’t have your own camera dont worry as you can use one of our Nikon or Canon DSLR cameras and telephoto lenses free of charge while you are with us. We will even give you a memory card to take all your images home on! You will be staying at a lovely 4* lodge on the banks of The Chobe river.
One of the best kept secrets in Africa is Madikwe Private Game Reserve on the border between Botswana and South Africa.Getting there from the Chobe couldn’t be easier and takes a matter of hours without the need to overnight in Johannesburg. This beautiful reserve is home to the amazing Jaci’s Tree lodge. As you can imagine from the name the rooms are built on stilts and nestle in the trees along a stunning river. The rooms themselves are huge with private terraces, beautiful en-suite bathrooms and outdoor showers. Madikwe is a fantastic reserve for photography with plenty of very relaxed subjects and very good sightings of lion, wild dog and the elusive brown hyena. While at Jaci’s you will have access to the amazing Terrapin Hide which sits in the middle of a very busy waterhole next to the lodge offering the most unique photo opportunities from water level as the animals come to drink.
- 2 nights at Ilala Lodge in Victoria falls (B&B)
- Vic Falls airport meet and greet.
- Transfer by road to The Chobe (2 hours)
- 4 nights at a 4* Lodge in The Chobe (DB&B)
- 8 Pangolin photographic drives and cruises
- Free use of a Nikon or Canon DSLR and lens
- Free 8gb SD card
- Refreshments during Pangolin activities
- Park Fees
- Transfer to Kasane airport
- Flight from Kasane (Chobe) to Gaborone on Air Botswana
- Transfer to Jaci’s Tree Lodge in Madikwe
- 4 nights Jaci’s Tree Lodge (FB)
- Transfer to OR Tambo (Johannesburg)
- Items of a personal nature
- Drinks other than those specified
- Single room supplement from $1455 per person (if travelling alone)