Pangolin Photo Contest rules
- This contest is held monthly from July 2017 to June 2018. Each month will hold a round of submissions and judging based on a particular theme. The grand Prize draw will take place on the 30th June 2018.
- This is a monthly competition open to all amateur wildlife photographers from anywhere in the world of any age and photographic experience.
- The contest is open to anyone not directly related to any employee or contractor to Pangolin Photo Safaris. The contest is only open to amateur photographers (ie photographers who do not derive a part or the whole of their income from wildlife photography eg photo guiding, stock photography sales etc).
- Each entrant may submit one image per month. Each entry will count as one ticket to the grand prize draw at the end of the 12-month contest on June 30th.
- There is no entry fee to this photo contest.
- Entries must be submitted via www.pangolinphoto.com/photocontestdec
- The decisions of the judging panel of the Pangolin Photo contest is final and no discussions will be entered into on any matters pertaining to the judging process.
- By entering the Pangolin Photo Contest the photographer confirms that they are the sole owner of the photograph and its copy write. The photographer also gives permission for The Pangolin Photo Contest to use these images (with appropriate and accurate credit) in the promotion and marketing of the Pangolin Photo Contest. The images will not be used by or offered to any third parties for any commercial purposes whatsoever. The copy write of the image will remain with the photographer.
- The photographer also agrees that the image submitted is not a composite and is as true a representation of the subject as possible. If there is any doubt as to the authenticity of the image then the photographer agrees to submit an original image for scrutiny. If the judges decide that the post-production has resulted in a significantly altered image from the original the submission may be disqualified.
- By entering the Pangolin Photo Contest the photographer agrees to abide by these rules in full and without exception.
The Judging process
- Each month a new photographic category will be announced and a one week period for submissions will open. Amateur photographers from around the world can enter one photograph per month appropriate to that category.
- When the submissions window closes a shortlist of around 100 images will be selected by the Pangolin Photo Contest organisers. This shortlist will then be presented to the guest judge for that month to reduce the number of entries to no more than 12 images.
- These 12 images will then be published allowing the public to vote for their favourite image of the 12 shortlisted by the guest judge. The image with the most votes will then be declared the winner of that monthly prize.
- The 12 images from the shortlist will feature in a Pangolin Photo safaris Gallery hosted on the Pangolin Photo safaris Website for a minimum period of one year.
- The winner of the monthly contest will be put forward to the final along with the other monthly winners which in turn will go to a public vote to decide the 2018 Pangolin Image of the Year.
- Each monthly contest will have its own prizes to be announced at the start of the submission period. This prize will be shipped to the winner at no cost anywhere in the world.
The Grand Prize
- There will be two winners of the grand prize
- The first winner will be the photographer of the Pangolin Image of the Year as voted for by the public from a shortlist of monthly winners.
- Every entry in each month will count as one “ticket” to a draw to win another grand prize. This means that if a photographer enters all 12-monthly contest then he or she will have 12 tickets in the draw.
The prize is as follows
- 7-day Chobe and Okavango Safari for two people including flights from any capital city in the world!