What to expect on your river tour
- A minimum of three hours in duration.
- Each of our Photo Boats holds eight clients in individual photographic seats.
- Seat are equipped with a mounting for resting a DSLR camera zoom lens
- On the boat we use 150-600mm Sigma telephoto lenses.
Departure times vary depending on the time of year. This is to allow for optimum lighting conditions. The morning cruise is usually an early one – at around 6am. The afternoon safari departs at about 3pm and returns at sunset. Again, this is subject to change depending on the time of year but these can be used as a rough guideline.
We are so proud of our boats as they provide such a unique vantage point. We are able to get into the perfect position every time- without fail. The hull is very stable to provide for your optimum security. There is plenty of room for all your equipment should you be bringing your own gear. If you chose to use your own camera we will fit a base plate to the lens collar to mount it onto the seat and camera mount.
During the 3 hour cruise on the river, your photo guide will show you how the cameras work. They will also advise you on how to frame and compose the subject to capture a truly great image. We take the liberty of setting the cameras up each day for you, to suit the conditions. The fact that the Chobe is such a game rich environment and, in no time, you will be taking some images that truly do your safari in Chobe justice.
What is included
- Refreshments will be served during the safari.
- Tea and coffee will be offered in the morning.
- Soft drinks and local beers will be offered in the afternoon.
- After the safari, we will give you the 8Gb memory card from the camera containing all your images- the price of the card is included.
Please note: In July 2018 we will be opening The Pangolin Chobe Lodge and preference for advance bookings of the morning and afternoon activities will be given to clients staying with us as part of their package. Please enquire now about availability and packages for the Pangolin Chobe Lodge by pressing the button below. For more information regarding the Pangolin Chobe Lodge please click here.